Wednesday, April 1, 2009

M's Consultations

I am a happy person. I'm proud of my spirit. But somehow I didn't feel much like me. So I confided in the wisest breed of friends* I know: Indians.
Me: Somehow I was just better, happier, fuller a couple weeks ago...
Me: I think I just miss it, you know?
Him: and now you feel...???
          sad.
          cold.
          lost.
Me: yes, yes, yes!
Him: can't connect with people out there...
          like everyone is shallow...
Me: Right!
          Wait, you've heard it all before a million times, huh?
Him: yup
Me: and it's just "adjustment"
Him: yup
Me: and I can survive it
Him: you will survive fine...
I smiled. Obviously he was right, but I needed a little more guidance... a direction stronger than words. Time to consult the other Mouny.

Spring is beautiful in Paris, and the cemeteries are always particularly calming. I boarded the metro and found myself in front of my great grandmother's tomb. Time to sit. Time to write. Time to think.

"Mouny, what would a strong woman like you do?"

If only they Skyped in Heaven.

* are they friends if you've known them less than four months? or are they friends after they stay in your life four months more?

No comments: